6th Grade ESM Teacher Emails, Amazon Wishlists, and Syllabi
Ms. Chen’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Wishlist
Mr. Page’s Email: email@example.com, Wishlist
Ms. Mitsuse’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Wishlist
Mr. Alemán’s E-mail: email@example.com, Wishlist, Math Syllabus
Ms. Gardea’s E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Wishlist
Ms. Jones’s Email: email@example.com, Wishlist
Well, in some ways we’re not successful at all. We’re destroying our home. That’s not a bit successful. Chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans have been living for hundreds of thousands of years in their forest, living fantastic lives, never overpopulating, never destroying the forest. I would say that they have been in a way more successful than us as far as being in harmony with the environment.
Upcoming Field Trip
MARCH 12TH, 2019: LOWER TOPANGA CANYON – Supervising Teachers: Ms. Gardea/Mr. Alemán.
MARCH 14TH, 2019: SKIRBALL CULTURAL CENTER – Supervising Teachers: Ms. Jones/Ms. Mitsuse.
MARCH 14TH, 2019: MALIBU LAGOON – Supervising Teachers: Ms. Chen/Mr. Page.
MARCH 25TH, 2019: LACMA – Supervising Teachers: Ms. Gardea/Mr. Alemán.
MARCH 25TH, 2019: GETTY VILLA – Supervising Teachers: Ms. Chen/Mr. Page.
- The sixth-grade team incorporates environmental literacy and STEAM into our program through a combination of interdisciplinary, problem solving, and service learning projects.
- There are six electives in the sixth grade, which are shared by all students. These electives include Garden Science, Marine Biology, Food: From Farm to Face, Coding, Mandarin, and Robotics: Technology in the Environment.
- The 6th grade ESM students take numerous field trips, including to the Getty Villa Museum, the Japanese American Museum, the Petersen Automotive Museum, the Annenberg Space for Photography, the LA County Museum of Art, 826LA and the Skirball Center in 2019.
- The 6th grade ESM team has partnered with Jane Goodall’s Roots and Shoots program and plans to present their projects at the 40th Annual Los Angeles Environmental Education Fair on March 30th, 2019.
- The 6th-grade students will go on a week-long camping trip to Camp High Trails where they will learn about systems and engage in science activities.
- The 6th grade ESM students will participate in the Top Sail Marine Biology Programs.