- The 7th grade team works together to support a variety of environmental and STEAM-related content, activities and projects throughout the year in ESM core classes.
- Four core subject teachers and one Resource Support Teacher make up the ESM 7 teaching team. This team provides a supportive bridge from 6th grade to 8th grade. ESM 7 teachers help students navigate through a developmental time that can be both exciting and challenging.
- A wide variety of electives provided by the school’s elective department are offered to 7th grade ESM students. These electives include, but aren’t limited to, the following: Digital Imaging, Film Production, Art, Music, Foreign Language and Theater.
- 7th grade students attend a three-day, overnight field trip to Catalina Island to study and experience various environmental-related topics through Catalina Environmental Leadership Program.
- The 7th grade team partners up with Mountains Restoration Trust and takes 7th grade students to the Santa Monica Mountains to study and participate in invasive species crayfish removal from streams.
- The students in 7th grade participate in a series of four interactive sessions with an expert from Ethical Choices Program studying how food relates to the environment and health. Additionally, students attend a field trip to Underwood Farms to experience sustainable farming practices.
- 7th grade students complete an Impact Project that demonstrates student-selected community service and volunteering activities throughout the year.
- 7th grade students culminate the year with creating a 3-D interdisciplinary Sustainable City Project, using concepts and skills from core classes as students work collaboratively in small groups.
- Students in 7th grade create electronic student portfolios containing key assignments and reflections.